Monday, March 22, 2010

Can't install

I had Adobe Premiere Elements 4 installed for a couple of months but had a variety of problems. I finally decided to uninstall/reinstall. Using every means I could think of, I still couldn't do an uninstall. I then manually deleted all files and edited the registry to remove all traces of Elements. I've gone through my box with a FTC (fine tooth comb) and can't find any references to Elements. When I try to reinstall I'm getting a messagebox with Windows Installer in the title bar. The message is ''The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel.''



Anybody got an idea where I start looking?



OS = XP Pro
Can't install
Sounds like you're going to have to contact Adobe Tech Support. Unfortunately, you're using an older version of the software and they may not support it.



Deleting the files manually probably wasn't a good idea. It sounds as though you corrupted something in your operating system somewhere. Have you also removed the Adobe references in My Documents?



You may be able to fix things using the maintenance methods I describe in the FAQs at the top of this forum. In particular, use Advanced System Care to give your computer a good cleaning and optimizing.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc43f9a



Hopefully, that will patch what you've torn.
  • the bees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment