Monday, March 29, 2010

Can I back up individual image files to...

I created a Premiere Elements 4.0 Project including 3 separate photo slideshows. The slideshows were created in Photoshop Elements 6.0 and imported into my Premiere Elements project. I was hoping that when burning the project to DVD, my image files would also be individually backed up.



When I give the DVD to family members I would like them to have access to the image files so they can print or use them individually. I would like to do this in 1 single DVD rather than giving them a DVD with the slideshows and a DVD with the image files. I was able to do this with a previous DVD authoring program I was using, but I cannot figure it out with Premiere Elements 4.0.



Any ideas if this is do-able with Premiere Elements 4? (I am running Windows Vista Home premium SP1 - 64bit - 3GB RAM)
Can I back up individual image files to...
The best way to do it is to add your video and photo data to a DVD disk.



To do this:



1) When you Share your DVD, select the option to burn to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a disc.



2) When the ''burn'' is finished, locate the folder Premiere Elements created and move copies of your photos into it. You can even create a new sub-folder called Photos if you'd like.



3) Use your computer's DVD burning software (Nero, for instance) to burn the folders (particularly the VIDEO_TS and your PHOTOS folders) to a DVD disc.



Your friends will then receive both a playable DVD and a disc that they can open on a computer and browse to the native photo files on.
Can I back up individual image files to...
Thanks so much, I will do this!

Thanks for your help. I tried this. I burned the project to a folder (4.7GB) then to that folder I added a folder with my photos. So in the folder there was ''Photos'', ''OpenDVD'' and ''Video_TS''. I had 3 separate folders within the ''Photos'' folder, to keep the 3 slideshow photos grouped.



I burned the entire folder to a DVD using my burn tool. I don't even know the name of the software I used, but I think it was just the Toshiba burn tool. I dragged and dropped the folder into my new disc folder, then at the top of my screen clicked ''burn to disc'', I named the disc and chose from the formating options ''Mastered: disc can be read on other computers and some CD/DVD... no new data can be added...''



Once burned I checked it on my DVD player and now it recognizes only the individual jpg files so it does a generic slideshow of these images rather than my slideshow project. (no menu, music...) Putting the disc in my computer I could access either the files or the slideshow project, but not on my home DVD player.



I burned the folders to 2 separate discs, once dragging the whole folder to the disc and once opening the folder and dragging only the individual folders to the disc.



Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. thanks.

Remember, you don't want to burn the big DVD folder to you DVD. You just want to burn the VIDEO_TS folder and PHOTOS folder. Also, if you're using Nero, make sure you've designated your disc as a playable DVD.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbfa615

So I don't need to add the ''OpenDVD'' folder to my disc? Just the ''VIDEO_TS'' and my ''Photos'' folders? If I understand this correctly I will do this tonight. Thank you.

OpenDVD isn't used to Premiere Elements, so you can burn it or not. It won't make any difference to the playable DVD.

Ok, so I guess I did everything right, yet it still did not burn properly, so it must be the settings in the burning software. My Toshiba laptop is only a few months old and I'm a little confused about the burning software. It seems too simple with very few settings or options. It does ask me if I want a DVD-video or a Data DVD. I'm used to Roxio and Nero so I may install Nero and see if I can make it work.



Thanks a lot for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment