Friday, March 26, 2010

Separating multiple AVCHD clips on the...

Hello everybody



I'm new kid in town and I like this forum as far as I read in other topics. And I come from Greece.

I started recently working AVCHD small films and clips.



When I say 'get file' I choose a file with extension *.m2ts from SONY and I put it down on the video line. That's the extension what I'm principally working with.



My problem is that when I want to put a second file on the video line then it goes automatically with the first one in the same place and not separated. The same thing with more files.



There is also a small sign on the top right side of the first clip (a small piece of film sign of blue color).



Of course I worked before with other normal films about 2 years with Adobe Premiere and other Softwares. This is the third time I buy Premiere.

Do I do something wrong?



TY for helping



Vladimir
Separating multiple AVCHD clips on the...
Vladimir, make sure you are working in the Timeline mode. Not Sceneline. This will give you more control over your clips.



Also, make sure that your Premiere Elements project is set up the same of the video in your camcorder. In other words, since your video is AVCHD, make sure you are using a project with the AVCHD settings. Also, if your camcorder is using 5.1 audio, make sure your project is set up also for 5.1 audio or you will experience unusual behavior. For instance, when you try to put a video clip on Video 1, it will move to Video 4.



Does that make sense?
Separating multiple AVCHD clips on the...
If your video is 5.1 audio then make sure to use the 5.1 audio AVCHD project preset. If not when you add clips to the project 5.1 audio clips will be added to video track 4 (video tracks 1 through 3 will be stereo) and the clips will not be visible in the Sceneline mode (which is what I assume you are using). In this case you must use Timeline mode to view your clips.



If you use a 5.1 audio AVCHD project preset with 5.1 clips the video will be added to video track 1 and you will be able to view the clips in the Sceneline mode.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Paul -- though I tried... ;)

See thanks a lot Steve and Paul LS



Couldn't achieve better results other place

First I must say to Steve I was working in sceneline. OK I will change it. I saw it. It is much better. And I saw also the project was NOT set up for 5.1 audio.



Now, I must say also to Paul LS YES the clip is AVCHD of course and 5.1 IN the camera, you are right. But how do I see that the project in premiere elements is one with AVCHD settings?



Thanks a lot again

Vladimir

You set the project preset at the opening screen. You select New Project and here you can select the Project Preset.

Yessssssss Everything is OK now



By the way I put FullHD 5.1 directly on the wellcomescreen (I noticed it just now) and now I'm able to see ALL in both of time and sceneline.



But I think is better Timeline finally. Has more details.



Thanks Cheers

Vladimir

螒蠀蟿蠈 蔚委谓伪喂 魏伪位萎 蔚委未畏蟽畏, Vladimir!

Well there I'm surprised!!!!!



Do you really speak greek Steve?

I would write everything in Greek before If I knew that....Ha ha ha



螘蠀蠂伪蟻喂蟽蟿蠋 蟺慰位蠉 危蟿畏尾 纬喂伪 蟿喂蟼 蟺位畏蟻慰蠁慰蟻委蔚蟼 (for the informations)



I think I stay tuned here because I have always something small to ask about making films.



Thanks Paaul LS for the adress. I took a look in.



CU soon



Vladimir

Sorry, Vladimir. I just used Google translator!
  • jabbawockeez mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment