Sunday, March 28, 2010

Elements 7 Widescreen import from DVD...

Good day, all!



After two hours of sifting through help, forums, etc. I've yet to find a solid answer to what I'd think would be a simple / common problem. I am evaluating Elements 7 for purchase %26amp; this is the crucial element, so I'm posting.



I have a Panasonic VDR-D300 camera. I shoot most of my video in 16:9 widescreen. PE7 easily imports the video into a project set up for just this (Widescreen 48kHz preset for Hard Disc Camcorder) but it's coming up as full screen with vertical black bars at left %26amp; right.



So, the question is: How do I best import this video in order to preserve the widescreen aspect ratio?



Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

DMScott
Elements 7 Widescreen import from DVD...
With the clip in the Media Bin right click on it and select Interpret Footage. Then under Conform To select the widescreen format.
Elements 7 Widescreen import from DVD...
Thanks, Paul... but I don't have that option when I right click on the clip. It does appear in the file pulldown menu but is greyed out. I'm currently using a Trial version of Premiere Elements 7. I have purchased the software %26amp; it's on the way. I don't know if that option is just disabled in the demo or what. I'll look when I get the full installation done.

No comments:

Post a Comment