Sunday, March 28, 2010

Premiere Elements 7 error message

I recently installed PSE 7 and PE 7 on my PC. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, I have plenty of space and it meets all the requirements of the installation.



I can get Photoshop Elements 7 to work just fine. It does what it is supposed to do.

However, Premiere Elements 7 is not working properly. I am continualy getting an error message telling me that a ''serious error has occurred and PE7 must be shut down. We will attempt to save your project.''



I have no current projects because I keep getting this at the beginning...the moment I click on New Project.



I have run all of the fix possibilities in the Adobe website. So far, to no avail.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled PE7.



Suggestions welcome. Thank you.
Premiere Elements 7 error message
Please delete prefrence file and move the Default catalog location. Then try to launch Premiere elements . Please let me know if it is not working.
Premiere Elements 7 error message
%26gt;I have run all of the fix possibilities in the Adobe website. So far, to no avail.



This doesn't give us much to work with, Cara, because it doesn't tell us what you've done.



Have you updated your firmware, Realtek drivers and especially installed the latest Quicktime?

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057647/2



Have you optimized Vista, per the FAQs at the top of this forum?

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc1c8cc/



Have you run our full maintenance in order to update your operating system to SP1 and clear off temp files?

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc43f9a



And, finally, what are you using for source files for your project? What is the video type, what type of camcorder did it come from and how did you get it into your computer?

Steve...thank you.

The suggestions you provided worked beautifully, and I am now enjoying my PRE 7. You are a life saver.



Have a great day.

Hey, I'm a life saver!



Glad it's working, Cara! :)

When I copy and paste your links I get redirected to聽 a general forum page.

I even searched by 3bc43f9a and get a too many hits.

My problem is that I have Premiere Element 7 installed an working fine.

Yesterday my electricity went off when I had a project open.聽 (not sure if this has anything to do with it)

Now when I try to open Premiere it loads, and then minimizes at the bottom of screen and I cannot maximize it.

I have tried to repair, and uninstall and reinstall.

Same thing

WHere is the preference file and catalog files for Premiere?

I am not running VISTA, but XP.

Thanks for any help


Try starting Premiere Elements while holding down the LEFT Shift and Ctrl keys, this will flush the cache and preferences. Ctrl shift will clear the preferences but not the plugins cache which is in the registry. To clear the plugins cache press and hold shift while starting premiere elements.
Other thing to try with PE7 is to delete your prefences folder in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\7.0 (delete the complete Premiere Elements folder) it will be rebuilt next time you start PE7. Note it might be a hidden file on your PC and so you need to go to into Tools%26gt;Folder Options%26gt;View and select Show hidden files and folders. Note that this folder also contains all your custom preset settings for projects, effects, and transition so these will be deleted as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment