Monday, March 29, 2010

Ads Pyro problem

Just got an Ads Pyro yesterday to transfer my old VHS tapes to DVD. Problem is that the unit keeps dropping the connection while I'm capturing. Sometimes within a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes. Currently as soon as I hit the play button the VCR, it immediately loses the connection.



I checked all the tech support info and tried the dip switches in all positions, all switches down seems to work best otherwise PE3 just crashes. Done all the defrags, and shut down all other software, etc., but the problem still exists. As of now the Ads Pyro is unusable, in two days I've only managed to capture about 15 minutes of video which is acceptable quality but not all that good. Any suggestions??



XP/Home/SP2 Pentium4 3.0 1gig ram
Ads Pyro problem
Hi, Ron. You may want to post over at the Muvipix forum at http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/



Chuck and a couple of other guys over there are the Pyro experts, and I'm sure they'll be able to help.
Ads Pyro problem
Will do, thanks.

Already responded with questions :)

Just so people know before they buy, it's been over two days and there has been no reply from tech support to any of my inquiries. It's now a Friday so it will likely be at least two more days before they get back to me, if ever. Let the buyer beware.

See if http://www.scenalyzer.com/main.html will work



Download is free, program functions... but does put a watermark every few frames



Watermark can't be removed (as far as I know) so don't do any real work until you pay and receive the unlock code



Of course, if you have a hardware problem, no software is going to work

I have contacted ADS Tech support on at least 3 occasions for various products. The longest it ever took was 3 days. Once they do respond they are very good about sticking with the problem until it is resolved. Be sure that you have registered the product, if not they may not respond quickly if at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment