Sunday, March 28, 2010

24f editing in Premiere Elements 4

Hello,



I would like to make a DVD from some event footage a friend shot for me. The problem is his camera was set to record in 24f, which I assume is 24p, and was shot in standard 4:3 definition as well. From what I have read, PE4 will not edit this footage in 24p, but I am confused by what this means.



Would editing it in the frames only mode work, as the video should be progressive? Or could the DV footage be edited as if it were 29.97, then exported as a 23.976 MPEG?



Just so I understand - what is the purpose of the 24p conversion option in the playback settings? Does this only work for displaying the video on the desktop, or does it perform some type of actual conversion of the video footage? Are conversions an option in the pro version only?
24f editing in Premiere Elements 4
You can edit 24f video in Premiere elements. It should be converted as 29.97 after editing. You could not export the video as 24f second. Premiere can import swf 12f persecond. Import the video in correct project setting. I mean PAL or NTSC. Please let me know if you have any confusion.
24f editing in Premiere Elements 4
So, the 24p footage would be converted to 29.97 through the capture process with PE4? Have been trying to understand pulldown and when/how to do it, and have not found a lot that made sense. Why do people shoot in this resolution if it causes so many problems and there is no support for it?

p.s. Using the ''interpret footage'' command, I see I am able to tell the program to treat the footage as 23.976 - but the command option for ''remove 24p DV Pulldown'' is greyed out? Does the footage have to be captured in PE4 for the pulldown to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment