Sunday, March 28, 2010

Enlarge viewing area of timeline?

I am trying to sync a mic audio track to the original video. I have read to have someone clap in front of the camera so you can sync. I did this, but the timeline is so small, I can't see the waves. I tried zooming, but that didn't make the whole area bigger. I also tied making the timeline taller, but that didn't help either.



Any suggestions?



If this has been answered, please point me to the topic.
Enlarge viewing area of timeline?
In version 7, there's a slider at the top of the timeline for zooming. You can also just press the - and + keys to zoom in and out. (The \ key will show you your entire project on the timeline.)



More great hints from that wonderful little book, ''The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 7!'' (Available on Amazon.com or through Muvipix at http://muvipix.com/products.php )
Enlarge viewing area of timeline?
Steve,



In PE can you increase the vertical height of a Track, like in Pro? If so, I think that this would help Jasonrn be able to really pick up the spikes in the Waveform. Horizontal zoom willhelp, but when doing similar, I find that large vertical, but less than max horizontal, work best for me. Just curious. Don't have PE handy to try, and then it would only be PE4.



Hunt



[Edit] Render finished more quickly, than I thought it would.



Yes, you can expand the vertical height of the Tracks in the Timeline. Rt-click on the Track Name in the Track header, and chose from three sizes. It ties to the display of your Video, but does the trick, none the less. Not as dynamic as in Pro, but definitely workable. Audition has the luxury of doing zooms in either dimiension, or together, from the View Panel, which is kinda' nice. In Pro, you just ''hook'' the top of the Track and drag up for vertical and then use the ''-'' ''+'' keys, or the zoom slider for horizontal.



Jasonrn,



Choose Large in the display and then experiment with the horizontal zoom. I find that less than max works best for me on my displays. You should clearly see your Waveform spikes and can pick up your ''slate'' on the Video Track.

Yes. Under the flyout (%26gt;%26gt;) menu in the upper right of the timeline (visible if you go to Window and select Show Docking Headers) you'll find the option to increase the track size.



You can also manually enlarge the tracks, I believe, by dragging on the seams between them. (At least you could on earlier versions.)

In PE4, I could not find the ''seams,'' but this is on the laptop. Maybe I just missed hitting them?



Thanks,



Hunt

Maybe you need to go to the menu, Window/Show Docking Headers, first?

And look for the More or %26gt;%26gt; menu in the upper right corner of the timeline.

The dividing lines are almost invisible, and may even be invisible on your screen. Just slowly move your mouse up and down in the row header section to the left of the timeline work area until the mouse cursor turns to the border line with the arrows pointing north and south, kind of like in an Excel spreadsheet. You can't do it in the work area part of the timeline, it has to be over to the left of it in the row headers section.

Chuck,



Thanks. Docking Header were the first thing I did with this interface. I'm with Robert on this. I think that getting old and going blind, plus looking at a tiny 17'' LCD monitor at 1680x1050 is also part of the issue. Will practice dragging the mouse very slowly, and maybe get new glasses!



At least the OP got some tips on making it easier to do the clapboard/slate ''thing,'' and that is the important part.



Hunt



[Edit] Robert got it 100%. Thanks. A slow mouse drag ''found'' the seams. I

b STILL

could not see them, but I think I addressed that issue above.

After taking another look and adjusting the user interface settings, I don't see any lines either. Those were just some ink marks I put on the screen.

Yes, I figured out how to vertically and horizontally make things a little larger. I guess I was looking to really expand the view so my poor eyes could see the spikes better. Now I have a new problem which I will create a new thread for.

Jasonrn,



I am with you on the ''enlarged view,'' and poor eyes. How can I sell myself as a blind videographer?



Thanks to Robert, at least I don't feel quite so bad.



Depending on your monitor real estate, and setup, thanks to the others here, I could get my Timeline Track view very large, indeed - just like in P-Pro. Now, there I'm working on two 21'' monitors, so my Monitor Panel is on one, almost full-screen, and my Timeline on the other. There, I can expand the Track views to extremely large.



We'll be looking for the new thread,



Hunt

That's why dual monitors are soooooo nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment