Monday, March 29, 2010

Stop Markers Help

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I can't seem to find the answer to this problem. I am making a slide show DVD with Premier elements and can't find a way for the ''play the movie'' menu item to ignore the ''return to main menu'' markers used in the individual scenes. Of course from the scenes menu, each scene should return to the menu upon completion (and they do, because I put a stop marker at the end of each of them)... however, when I want to play the entire movie (one scene after another), the first scene, instead of continuing, returns to the main menu as it did in the scene menu. If I view a movie dvd from Blockbuster or whatever, the scenes return to the menu, BUT the entire movie plays entirely. I hope I am making myself clear. Logic says to me that the play entire movie should disregard the stop markers and continue, but the scene menu should act upon them. How can I achieve what I want from this product?



Thanks,

Marty
Stop Markers Help
Premiere Elements doesn't support playing through stop markers. Stop markers can only be appropriately used to end ''bonus'' items.



I get around this limitation by using the donationware PGCEdit to modify the DVD files created by Premiere Elements. Others use Sony DVD Architect Studio to author their DVD's. It's $40 or less for the download version. Then there are the upper scale products.
Stop Markers Help
Martin Dorren,



Back in October, 2008 I posted a procedure DVD Menu Each Scene Return to Main/No Loss Main Play All.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6bbf5



The procedure has always (many, many times) worked for me in several versions of Premiere Elements and for some other people as well who road tested the procedure. In a recent thread, the procedure came under a lot of back and forth about the use of these gaps between movies in the Timeline as potential source of errors. I have never had any problems following the procedure that I described. So, if you are interested, read through the discussions start to finish and make up your own mind.


grisetti steve, ''Customizing Scenes Menu (Windows Elements 7)'' #1, 15 Jan 2009 4:54 pm



As for me, I am in the process of following up on some of Bill Hunts suggested reading, but will continue to support the suggested workaround as described until I am convinced to do otherwise.

Back in Sept 2006, I came up with a similar solution:



http://adobe.groupbrowser.com/post786288-3.html



With that method, you don't have to edit the menu template, the menus stay the same.



The movie is on the timeline twice. The first one is automatically linked to the Play All button. You wouldn't have any scene markers on that one, just a stop button at the end of it. So the movie plays all the way through without stopping until it reaches the end. Following that is the movie again, but with scene and stop markers.

And there is Steve's Tip on using DVD Markers

http://videoinasnap.chuckengels.com/source/archive.htm



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment