Monday, March 29, 2010

PE4 with MF6 + trial version, help with...

Is there a work flow I can read up on to accomplish this. I have a Canon HV20 HDV media. Use HD Split import M2T files into PE4 preset 1080i 30, render than save to desktop as same. The file is 1440x1080. I'm trying to make a high definition disk to playback on our Pioneer Blu-Ray player. Using Movie Factory 6+ trial version. Thank you.
PE4 with MF6 + trial version, help with...
Sounds like a good workflow. What specifically are you asking help with?
PE4 with MF6 + trial version, help with...
Thanks for the reply Paul I appreciate that. Let me go back over what I've done so far as my last post was incorrect. Moved M2T clips from HDsplit into PE4 with a new project setting of NTSC-HDV 1080i 30. Saved to computer with a select MPEG pre-set HD 1080i 30. The short clip plays fine with WMP and properties is at 1920x1080. Using MF6+ I would like to burn my high definition movie clips to a standard DVD to be played back in our Blu-Ray player. Are these the right steps so far to import the clip into MF6+? I just recently downloaded the trial version but last night I found a help/info section in MF6+ so I plan on reading through that to get acquainted with their terminology.

Will I be burning a data disk to make this work? Maybe a couple of cliff notes to get me started so I can better understand how to do this. Your advice and suggestions are welcome.

Jake

If you are burning to a standard DVD then you need to select the burn an AVCHD disc option in MF6+. This does not create a data DVD but a high definition DVD with menus. You will be able to get about 20 minutes on a standard DVD.

Hi Paul, Yes I'm tying to burn to a standard DVD. In MF6+ under Recording Format there are three options.

DVD-Video

DVD+VR

DVD-VR (no menu)



Which one is the AVCHD disc option? Also in MF6+ Project Settings do I need to go back in there to change MPEG settings?

Thank you

When you click New Project in MF6+ what options do you have. I forgot that I purchased the ''HD Powerpack'' plugin, I think this enables burning AVCHD DVDs to standard discs. I can not remember if the MF6+ version alone allows this. Does it give the option to burn Blu-ray discs? If so if you select this option, down in the bottom left of the window you can select the disc type, it will offer 25GB and 50GB discs... does it also offer standard DVDS. If so use this option. If not then I think you will need the powerpack to burn to standard DVDs... which can not be downloaded for the trial MF6+ version.

Paul, as I understand it, if you burn AVCHD to a DVD, it will not play on a DVD player. It will only play on a BluRay player.



Is that true? (I just want to make sure Jake is aware of this so that he can plan his workflow accordingly.)

Afternoon Paul, I've been reading over at the Ulead/Coral site and your right, I need the HD PowerPack plug in to make it burn Blu-Ray. I found a PDF file that pretty much walks the user through it. I really appreciate all the time and effort you put forth to explain how this works. I'm definitely better for it. So at this point for ease of use I'm either going to purchase MF6+/HD PowerPack or wait until MF7 Pro is released to the United States. Thanks again.

Yes Steve, if you burn AVCHD to a DVD it will only play on a Blu-ray burner. In one of Jake's earlier posts he said that was his aim... to burn to a standard DVD that will play on a blu-ray player.

Thanks, Paul. I should have known you'd have it under control. ;)
  • soft lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment