Monday, March 29, 2010

PE4 shuts down when clicking on DVD...

I'm new to PE4, with a sony Vaio laptop under Vista - Matshita DVD burner.

PE4 works fine except when I want do burn a DVD : as soon as I click that button, PE4 shuts down with the message ''windows has met a problem etc...''

DVD burning works fine with windows DVD creation etc... all drivers up to date, tried to reinstall PE4, no change !

Anyone could help ? Thanks
PE4 shuts down when clicking on DVD...
When you say all drivers are up to date, do you mean that you've gone to the Sony site and downloaded the most recent firmware? Particularly under Vista SP1, this kind of maintenance is vital. As is making sure you have the latest version of Quicktime and RealTek drivers.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057647/2



Other factors could include your system specs -- how much RAM you have (at least 3 gig, per our recommendations for Vista) and how fast your processor is and how much free, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive (at least 50 gigs).



It also makes a difference what kind of video you're editing: what time of camcorder it came from and how you captured it, and, if hi-def, whether it's HDV or AVCHD.
PE4 shuts down when clicking on DVD...
I also had the same problem. I eventually found that having Roxio Easy Media Creator installed was giving Premiere Elements a fit. That doesn't mean that your problem is caused by the same thing, but something to consider. http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc42ca8/3



Having Nero InCD installed can cause problems. That is not the same as having Nero InCD Reader installed.

hanks you, Steve and Robert, I have tried everything you suggested but the problem is still there :

I have downloaded all updates from Sony, Realtek and Quicktime ;

I've uninstalled Roxio easy media creator (which I don't like by the way !) and looked into ...system32 for the .dll files mentioned but did not find them;

I have uninstalled PE and reinstalled after having shut down the antivirus;

I have opened PE whilst pressing the shift key.



My pC is a brand new sony vaio AR71S with an Intel core duo T9300 (2.5 Ghz), 4Go RAM, 500 Go HDD of which ca 400 free.I suspect the problem being between PE and the DVD burning device (drivers, microprogram... ?) since PE shutdown happens immediately when I click on the disk button.

Any other idea ? Thanks in advance.

Did you try this?




C Far, ''Premiere Elements shuts down without error message when burning'' #3, 26 Jan 2009 7:28 pm

Yes, I tried holding down the shift key when openint PE4; I changed the location for encoding and media files ; no improvement, problem is still there !

By the way, I looked into the so called ''windows report and solution to problems''( I got it in french, so my translation is approx.) Here is the detail of what windows says (could it help ?) :



Signature du probl猫me

Nom d茅v茅nement du probl猫me : APPCRASH

Nom de lapplication: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Version de lapplication: 4.0.0.0

Horodatage de l'application: 46f98f81

Nom du module par d茅faut: HSL.dll

Version du module par d茅faut: 0.0.0.0

Horodateur du module par d茅faut: 46f985e8

Code de lexception: c0000005

D茅calage de lexception: 002a27a1

Version du syst猫me: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Identificateur de param猫tres r茅gionaux: 1036

Information suppl茅mentaire n掳 1: fd00

Information suppl茅mentaire n掳 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Information suppl茅mentaire n掳 3: fd00

Information suppl茅mentaire n掳 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160



Thanks again for your help

The crash report would only mean something to the Adobe programmers. I would suggest contacting Adobe tech support directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment