Monday, March 29, 2010

Error message

Hi:

I need your help in solving this vexing problem:

My computer is home built consisting of Asus P5K Deluxe motherboard, Intel Q6700 quad processor, OCZ Gold 2Gig RAM, Creative Audigy-2 ZS Platinum Sound Card, EVGA 8800 GTX Video Card and Win Xp Pro 32bit OS.

All drivers are up to date, Win service pack 3 installed, latest version of Apple Quicktime installed. OS and all programs installed on a Western Digital 150Gig, 10000 rpm Raptor and Video is captured via a Sony DV Camcorder (DV-AVI) to Adobe Premier Element 7 and to a Separate 750Gig WD hard drive. The only other program on this computer is Photoshop Pre-7.

The capture, editing, adding one title and two dissolve transitions to a 25 minutes project has been uneventful. I have made no DVD menus and added no music tracks. Attempting to make a simple DVD, I click on Share tab, open the disc menu, name the disc and click burn. Encoding data resumes and completes up to %93 the jumps to Compiling Media up to %93, the jumps to Burning Disc, up to %93, ejects the Disc with the error message: ''Unknown Error 2131042562''. The disc is recorded but does not play.

This problem is consistently repeatable. I have reinstalled the program repeatedly, formatted both drives and reinstalled everything from scratch a few times, updated everything that is updateable but the problem remains. I can render to a folder and use Nero to make a DVD with no problem! any help, insight, words of wisdom and experience is appreciated.

I apologize for this lengthy message, I tried to prove as much information as possible. Thanks

Mike
Error message
Sounds like a bad disc, what brand of media are you using and what speed are you burning at?
Error message
Hi Chuck:



It is not the Disc. I am using Verbatim and burn at 16. I had previously used Adobe Pre 2, 3, and 4 with the same computer and Discs with no problem. Nero has no problem burning a disc. I have also use a 4 speed.

Then my next suggestion is to update the DVD Burner firmware.

Here are some other suggestion and solutions from folks with the same error message

http://adobe.groupbrowser.com/t120852.html



http://adobe.groupbrowser.com/post900220-4.html



Same type of error from Roxio, so probably not a Premiere Elements issue. This is most likely a standard Windows Error Message or something from the burner firmware itself.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?s=5dc7a6dcbd3c17667a363f75f8e37911%26amp;sho wtopic=38257%26amp;pid=203399%26amp;st=0%26amp;#entry203399



many recommendations I have seen regarding this error, if not fixed by updating the Firmware, is to burn to a folder and use another application to burn the DVD like ImgBurn (free). Burning to a folder and using another application to burn the DVD is generally preferred anyway if you will need multiple copies over time.

If I could just add...?



In addition to being quicker and easier for multiple copies, burning to a folder also gives you another level of backup/safety.



The folder contains a DVD image that can be burnt to a new DVD if your old one is lost, damaged, etc. As long as you have any standard software that can burn a DVD, you're OK.



However, without burning to a folder, you will always be reliant on PRE to open your project and burn a DVD. If your project gets corrupted, or if future versions of PRE simply won't open it, or if you accidentally delete one of the assets, anything like that, you'll be up the proverbial creek.



Even though my Premiere-to-DVD works fine, I *always* burn to a folder, and think of it as a backup of my physical DVD.



My 2 cents...

Chuck:



Thanks for suggestions. I will try to find a firmware update for the burner which is a Plextor PX-800A.

By the way I don't have Roxio on this computer. Rendering to a folder and using Nero to make a DVD works fine. I have also tried +R and -R DVDs with the same error. I have quite a collection of coasters now!



Mike

I tried but Plextor has no firmware update for this burner. The strange thing is that the same burner worked fine with Adobe Pre-7! As a last resort I will buy another burner.



Mike

Check the last post in this thread

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f43/plextor-px800a-problems-218453/



I did find out that the original manufacturer of that drive is Sony-NEC

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters?DVDname=plextor+800a%26amp;Submit=Search%26amp;oem=Sony- NEC%26amp;chipset=%26amp;cdrs=%26amp;cdrws=%26amp;dvdrs=%26amp;dvdrws=%26amp;dvdrsdl=%26amp;dvdprs=%26amp;dvdprws=%26amp;dvdprsdl=%26amp;dvd rams=%26amp;bdrs=%26amp;bdres=%26amp;bdrdls=%26amp;bdredls=%26amp;hddvdrs=%26amp;hddvdrws=%26amp;hddvdrdls=%26amp;hddvdrwdls=%26amp;hd dvdrams=%26amp;buffer=Any%26amp;cdrom=%26amp;dvdrom=%26amp;bdrom=%26amp;hddvdrom=%26amp;orderby=Name%26amp;hits=50%26amp;Search= Search



This might be interesting as well

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f43/plextor-launches-new-internal-dvd-rewriter-drive-px -800a-210226/index3.html

Might be of some help.



All in all a new burner might not be a bad idea, they are pretty cheap these days.

Chuck:



Thanks for all the links you provided. I was amazed at all the discussion regarding this drive. I will be going to Micro Center for some shopping. Thanks again.



Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment