Monday, March 29, 2010

Exxport/Burn/Render Troubleshooting Tip?

I was just having problems with a project that was locking up while trying

to burn a DVD.



I came up with a troubleshooting approach that someone else may have already

suggested, but I've never heard of it.



I tried to save the file as a DV/AVI, instead of a CD. Had this been

successful, I might have brought it into a new project and burned it that

way, but..



The DV/AVI job also terminated with an error message. However it did create

a partial DV/AVI. After scratching my head a little while..



I brought the partial DV/AVI into the same project, and put it on a new

blank time line, above the existing project time lines.



The end of the partial DV/AVI exactly coincided with the beginning of a

clip, which I therefore decided was suspicious.



I was able to replace that suspicious clip with something else.



I was then able to burn the DVD.



Burning a DV/AVI seems to be a way to find out more precisely what in a

project is causing it to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment