Monday, March 29, 2010

Trouble importing large VOB file

Recently I've been trying to import several video files into Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0. The files are VOB files and each of them is around one gigabyte in size. While I have no trouble getting the files in, the video often becomes warped at times. It plays fine outside of Adobe, but when imported is often jerky.



I'm wondering if this is a problem with either the size or the format of the files. I figure it's one of these two things. If so, what are some free programs that could convert or shrink the files without losing substantial amount of quality (I realize quality may be lost, but I still want the clips to be viewable). Thanks for any help.
Trouble importing large VOB file
Did you hit the Enter key on your keyboard to render the clips? If this does not resolve the problem then it may be necessary to convert the vobs to DV-AVI which PE2 works with natively.

See this FAQ on conversion: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc4800e
Trouble importing large VOB file
Try renaming the files to .mpg format and then importing.

No comments:

Post a Comment