Monday, March 29, 2010

Import VHS via Pyro A/V Link

I have done this before, but with Premiere Elements 2.0. I have upgraded to Premiere Elements 7.0 (and Vista). I cannot get Elements 7 to recognize the firewire connection used by the Pyro A/V Link that I have attached to the machine. None of the options when I bring up the ''Get Media'' screen recognizes the VCR even if it is playing at the time.



The ability to import VHS tapes from a VHS player through the Pyro A/V Link is the reason I wanted to use Premiere Elements. It has worked in older versions of Windows (again with an older version of Elements), and I am completely befuddled what I am missing now ... I could easily not see anything, but the lack of a meaningful manual makes it hard to figure out.



Suggestions, steps, etc. will be greatly appreciated.
Import VHS via Pyro A/V Link
Does the Pyro come with any software, and have you checked with the Pyro maker to see what they say about Vista?



Have you tried http://www.scenalyzer.com/main.html - register, if it works, to remove the watermark placed in the video frames
Import VHS via Pyro A/V Link
I don't recall any software shipping with the Pyro ... and I'm pretty good at keeping track of that sort of thing.



The ADS Technologies information on their website is very vague and hard to work through.



Never heard of ''scenalyzer'', and am not sure what that has to do with this particular issue.

Go to the scenalyzer web page and read... if it works on your computer, that would be one solution to your problem

Well, here's the problem -- Premiere 2.0 was able to read the input from the Pyro A/V, why isn't Premiere 7.0 able to? That's what I'm trying to work with, rather than having to get yet ANOTHER software package ... I shouldn't have to.

%26gt;upgraded to Premiere Elements 7.0
(and Vista)



and Vista means you are not comparing equals

I do understand that Windows XP and Vista are not equal (good lord am I aware of that!).



What I am trying to find out is if anyone has experience with this situation, and if they can provide details, if they can get this particular device to communicate properly, etc.



I am sorry if my communication on this is sounding frustrated (it is, but that is not your fault ...). I have spent a lot of money in the process of importing these VHS tapes to the machine so that I can preserve them, and it is frustrating to find that this is no longer working, when there is no apparent reason for it not to.

Ken, We have quite a few Pyro Link users at Muvipix.com

Don't know for sure if any of them have moved to Vista yet but it is worth asking ;)



Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more...

http://muvipix.com

Chuck --



Thanks. I will try to get over there in the next couple days. This week is shaping up to be rather hectic for me (figures) ... oh well.



Thanks.

I am having exactly the same problem - ADS worked fine in Premiere v4.

Trying to get ADS tech support to reply is like trying to get blood out of a stone! I had to reinstall everything (due to upgrading my motherboard)%26amp; WinXP SP3 Device Manager sees it + yellow tag %26amp; keeps trying to install software - of course it can't find any! Have sent Adobe Tech support a request, but that could take months since it is ''complementary'' support category, as I just upgraded Premiere from 4 to 7! Can't afford their ''pay for support or suffer'' strategy!

Am still persuing the problem %26amp; will post if %26amp; when I find the solution.

Bumpy

Peter,



You might want to post on www.muvipix.com. A lot of subscribers there use the Pyro and swear by it. There is a lot of experience there, that might prove helpful to you. I doubt that there are few problems, that they have not seen already.



Good luck,



Hunt

Thanks, I've done that. No go. The Pyro just isn't working, and I think it's a Vista/Firewall problem. Or something. I really can't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment