Sunday, March 28, 2010

PE7 - burned widescreen DVD played as...

Hi,



I recently started my ''video career'' by buying Premiere Elements 7 and a Sony Camera.



The camera produces 720x576 widescreen mpgs, so I use the according PE7 widescreen template for editing. After resolving some big problems (they weren't big, but typically for beginers, I think: codecs, interlacing, file-formats) I thought everything is fine.



But I was always working in front of my computer and dealing with mpg and wmv files. Then, I finally wanted to put my results onto DVD to see it on my TV and shared/burned the clips as ''PAL DVD Widescreen''.



And the next problem was waiting for me: the widescreen format was lost. The DVD-Player on my TV (which never had widescreen problems with bought DVDs) crops some parts on the left and right side of the clip. The result is a 5:4 format (or 4:3?, don't know exactly...). It is not blurred or transformed, just croped.



But there are no format options or something I could change when I share/burn it in PE7. What could I have done wrong?



I'm using:



Windows Vista SP1

Premiere Elements 7

Camera Sony DCR-SR35E



Many thanks in advance,

Peter
PE7 - burned widescreen DVD played as...
This sounds familiar...

Try setting the pixel size to square under the advanced settings when exporting to DVD.
PE7 - burned widescreen DVD played as...
The problem is that you're using a hard drive camcorder, which doesn't directly interface with Premiere Elements.



How are you capturing the video into your computer?



If you use Premiere Elements Media Downloader in a project set up for widescreen hard drive camcorder, you should be okay. Otherwise, you may need to manually interpret the footage (in which case your footage will look stretched narrow).

Have you checked the settings on your DVD player?

Solved!



It seems that I had to import media with the media downloader (via USB). I did that, burned again, and the DVD switched to the correct aspect ratio.



The settings in the DVD-player options was 16:9 format the whole time.



Thank you for your hints (they solved this evening :-)),

Peter

Ha! I called it in my first post!



maybe some day people will actually listen to me... ;)

No. We will now expect you to nail it on the first post, from here on out! [Grin]



Hunt

:)
  • jabbawockeez mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment