Monday, March 29, 2010

Full Screen Video For iPod Nano

Hi,



Did anybody successfully create a video clip to play in iPod Nano G4?



I used a preset that says ''iPod and IPhone - High Quality'', but the video is too small and leaves a black margin around it. I want my video to use the whole screen, but don't know how to do that. Can anyone help?



I don't change any advanced settings, but here is my export settings:

Presets: iPod and iPhone - High Quality

File Type: H.264

NTSC,640x480,30[fps],Progressive

AAC,128[kbps],38 kHz,Stereo

VBR,1Pass,Target 1.00, Max 1.40[Mbps]



Premiere Elements 4



Thank you!!
Full Screen Video For iPod Nano
Why not manually set the output to those settings, Mike?
Full Screen Video For iPod Nano
They are the settings that give me small video. I think I need to change something, but I don't know what to change. Can anyone suggest?

Hmm. According to the specs, you're doing it exactly right, Mike!

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/specs.html

Mike,



May not address your issue, but Jeff Bellune makes some interesting comments to a poster in the P-Pro forums, where iPod was part of the needed Export options:



http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7b7b8/0



Might be something of interest and/or help in this.



Good luck,



Hunt

Thank you folks, but still no luck. I noticed actually iTunes has the thick black margin around the video, too. I really hate it!!



Import into iTunes and sync with iPod are no problems.



I tried creating medium quality (320 x 240 pixels, which is exactly the screen size of iPod, according to the specs) but didn't help.



I found ''Fit to Screen'' in Videos %26gt; Settings in iPod so I tried turning on and off but that didn't help, either.



I really don't know what to try next.. Any suggestion appreciated.

It's sounding more and more like it's an iPod setting, Mike -- especially if even iTunes display this way.



Have you contacted anyone on an Apple or iPod forum?

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked Apple's iPod forum but didn't find a topic for the same issue.



http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1281



I thought about posting a message there, but realized that I do have the margin in Premiere Element, too. In the Edit Workspace, the screen's background is gray. I have the black margin inside the gray area and then my video goes inside it. I can clearly see this happening if I choose 50% or less from the right click menu on the screen that says ''Magnification''.



From this, now I think the problem is with capturing. I captured the video with Premiere Element version 2 and then loaded the project with version 4, which I use for editing, exporting or burning a DVD. I cannot use version 4 to capture my video from my camcorder because of some errors I cannot resolve. With version 4, video is never successfully captured.



The video is in .avi format and I think this is usual. Now I wonder if I have to specify or change any option to get rid of the margin.

There is no reason you should have a problem if you capture in one version and edit in another, Mike. Particularly if you are capturing from a miniDV over Firewire.

No comments:

Post a Comment