Monday, March 29, 2010

Having trouble importing video from my...

I am new to Premiere Elements 7 and not technical. When I try to import video from the hard drive of my camcorder I receive a ''file not found'' message and the viewfinder of my camcorder goes black. I know the video is there because I can play it back on the camcorder. How do I import this video to the PE7? Thanks for the help.
Having trouble importing video from my...
Per the instruction sheet that came included with the program, you can't interface with that camcorder, as you could a miniDV. You need to use the Media Downloader, downloading the files rather than capturing.



Go to Organize, select Get Media and select DVD or hard drive camcorder.



And make sure your Premiere Elements project is also set up for video from a hard drive camcorder.
Having trouble importing video from my...
Thanks for the help Steve,



You are right about the incompatibility of my camcorder....Adobe support suggested copying the file to my hard drive and changing the extension to .MPG...I did this and am now trying to import the video from my PC using the ''Get Media'' button and selecting PC files option. Whenever I do this PE7 freezes up on me and I still can't get my video into the program. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm not sure why Adobe suggested that. It's kind of an iffy move.



Instead, plug your camcorder's USB in and then, in Premiere Elements, go to the Organize tab, select Get Media and then select the DVD or hard drive camcorder option, as I said in my post above. This will open the Media Downloader, which you can use to download the file to your hard drive.

Thanks again for all your help.



I am still not having any luck. I went to organize, get media and tried these three options...''DVD Camcorder or PC DVD drive'', ''HDV Camcorder'' and ''AVCHD or other hard disk/memory camcorder'' each time when I selected my E: drive I got a message saying no valid files found. In the Media Downloader I am not seeing a hard drive camcorder option.



Thanks again I really appreciate all the help!

I'm not sure what to tell you, Joan. If you're using the Media Downloader properly, selecting the DVD camcorder option and then selecting your camcorder from the drop-down menu should work.



You can also try finalizing the DVD in your camcorder (it must be finalized) and putting the DVD disc in your computer's drive to see if that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment