Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trouble Capturing Analogue Video

I have been successfully using a canopus card to convert analogue video from a VHS tape deck to digital video in PE4.All of a sudden it stopped working. I can still see video when I run stop motion, but when I return to capture mode there is no video and no sound. I've tried changing all the settings in capture settings and device control, to no avail. I'm probably missing something simple, but it's driving me nuts. Any ideas?



Braham
Trouble Capturing Analogue Video
You'll want to use a DV bridge, rather than a capture card, to capture analog video. The FAQs at the top of this forum offer details.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bb95e46
Trouble Capturing Analogue Video
Thanks Steve for your quick reply. I have been using a bridge card, namely: Canopus ADVC1394. This was working fine up until late yesterday and all of a sudden stopped working. Elements can still pick up Stop Motion video but nothing on capture. Digital capture works fine. I'm wondering if I've mucked up some settings in PE4 or maybe the card has malfunctioned? Although if stop motion works, the cards must be working.



Regards,



Braham

Are you sure you're not in stop motion capture mode?

Quite sure Steve. Although Lo and Behold it video capture started working again this morning. Maybe it needed a good night's sleep! I made no changes from last night; it just worked when went to get media. I hate not knowing what went wrong in case it happens again. Any ideas?



Regards,



Braham

Oops, spoke too soon. Stopped working again!



Braham

I'm sorry, Braham. I don't think I'm going to be able to help you.



Hopefully someone more familiar with the Canopus unit can help.



Otherwise you can try posting to our ''sister'' site, Muvipix. That forum is loaded with some of the most helpful and knowledgeable people on the planet, when it comes to prosumer videomaking and editing.

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3//

Braham,



Maybe un-seat, and re-seat the actual card - power off, of course. If that does not work, carefully remove the card and use a normal pencil eraser to clean the gold contacts. I always run the eraser down the length of each contact - both sides. Do

b NOT

touch the contacts with your fingers! I use compressed air to blow any eraser dust off, and then re-seat the card.



If this does not help, you may have a chip on the card going out.



Good luck,



Hunt

Thanks Guys,



I bought the card about 4 years ago, so maybe it's on its way out. But I will try both options mentioned above. Thanks again.



Braham

No comments:

Post a Comment