Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sharing & Low on System Memory

When I try to share a project to many formats I get an error ''Low on system memory'' and 2 minutes later Premiere 7 crashes. I did everything it says to do at http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb404997%26amp;sliceId=1 but it still does not help. I have a dual processor and 3 gig of ram. What else can I do?
Sharing %26 Low on System Memory
What are the source video files in your project and how did you get them into your computer? If they are photos, did you optimize them to no larger than 1000x750 pixels?
Sharing %26 Low on System Memory
I am using footage from my HD logitech webcam and its set at 960 X 720. Premiere should be able to handle them. This is really upsetting and I have spent days to try to get it work. I am ready to switch programs! Any other suggestions?

Is this HDV footage or AVCHD footage, and is your project set up to match the footage you're downloading?



Also, do you have the minimum computer specs we (not Adobe) recommend for HDV or AVCHD editing?

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b699a8/8

They are window media files the logiteck webcam produces: 450 kbps at 960 X 720. I have the specs but my project was set at HDV720p. Should I set new projects to 960 X 720

I don't think that workflow is going to work. Sorry.



Why not use Premiere Elements to capture directly from the web cam?

My webcam specs can be found here http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/38/3056%26amp;cl=us,en#



1. It appears that the settings on my webcam do not effect the capture in premiere as they are bypassed, correct?



2. What should my project settings be if I use my webcam? I am currently uploading videos to my kyte channel. This is what they said ''If you wanted the BEST possible quality (no loss) you should give upload an FLV at 425x320 px @ a bitrate of 700kbps. We will should just pass through the FLV if it is uploaded at these specs.'' But I also upload to you tube and other sites.



3. I tested capturing with the webcam and the quality is not so great. What about capturing directly from my webcam at 640 by 480 or even better 8 megapixel. What settings would I need my project to be.



4. Thank you for all your help!!!!!

If you want to edit video from a webcam in Premiere Elements, your Premiere Elements project should be set to standard DV and your web cam should be set to capture at 640x480.



This will give you the best quality throughout your editing and, ultimately, the best possible quality for your FLV output.

Eliyahu and Steve,



We have the same Logitech Pro 9000 webcam and I did a few tests with ours. Here are my suspicions after these tests



-- Being able to record from the webcam at 30 frames per second would produce better video especially when the video has motion. All my attempts gave 15 fps and I do not yet know why.

-- Converting the webcam WMV files to DV-AVI with Movie Maker before adding to Premiere Elements should reduce the probability of your Low on Memory and crash problems.



More details from my investigation:



-- The Logitech Pro 9000 specification says up to 30 frames per second. I did frame sizes of 1600x1200, 960x720 and 640x480: they are all showing as 15 frames per second and that concerns me.



-- So I took that 15 frames per second wmv file from the webcam in to Windows Movie Maker and converted it to DV-AVI, which of course produces a signficantly larger file size. (I happened to use Movie Maker on a PC with Vista, but I think that XP would be the same)



However, I think that the signficant considerations are

1 -- How to set the Pro 9000 webcam so that it records 29/30 frames per second as the spec says it can? (Unfortunately I do not know.)



2 -- Will the final video output be better if this webcam video produced WMV file is converted to DV-AVI using Movie Maker or added to a Premiere Elements project as it comes from the webcam? Which resolution should be used when do this conversion?



Potentially yes for better video results when converting to DV-AVI first, but my one test was not conclusive and everyone's video will have different characteristics that can impact quality. Also webcam recording at 960x720 seemed slightly better, but inconclusive based on one test in what I knew was poor lighting.



3 -- Will you be less likely to have Low on System Memory problems if you first convert the webcam wmv files to DV-AVI? I think the answer here is probably yes.

Using standard DV and and webcam capture at 640x480. Is working very well for me now. It produces good quality FLV files. Thank you for all of your help!!

Prego!

No comments:

Post a Comment