Monday, March 29, 2010

No sound on playback in PE 7

Premier Elements 7 is on a new computer running Vista. Captured video from a Canon HV20 camcorder. There is a sound track on the time line. However, when I play the clips there is no sound. I brought the same clips into Sony Vegas, and it plays back with the recorded sound. I would appreciate any help as I searched the Adobe forums and the Internet without success.
No sound on playback in PE 7
Do you get any sound playback from the timeline or is it just these clips?



If you go to Edit%26gt;Preferences%26gt;Audio Hardware%26gt;ASIO Settings. What is enabled in the top list... it should be Speakers. If not deselect the other option and select Speakers.
No sound on playback in PE 7
Thanks for your reply.



There is no sound playback from either the timeline or the individual clips.



The ASIO selection is Realtek, my onboard audio chip which controls the speakers. So, this is OK.

Hi Tony, Premiere Elements has a coexistence issue with RealTek audio drivers. Uninstalling realTek would help solve your problem of no audio in Premiere Elements.

In my experience, the opposite is true, Daffy. Keeping your RealTek drivers UPDATED is vital to good audio performance.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057647/2

Yesterday I installed on old Creative sound card and disabled the built-in Realtek sound chip. PE7 played back the video and sound normally.



This morning I removed the Creative sound card and its' software. I removed the Realtek control panel program and drivers. Then rebooted the computer. I reinstalled the Realtek control panel program and drivers, and rebooted. Success! PE7 playback now has both video and sound. Note: The Realtek software is the same version as originally installed (latest version available). So, there must have been some conflict with the original installation.



Thank you Daffy and Steve.

Hi. I'm having a similar problem to the one talked about here. I am working on vista (on a laptop) with premiere elements. I get sound in clips but when I bring them to the timeline there is no sound though the clip appears to hold audio and video (sound is turned on in track). Please help.

thanks

marisa

Marisa, if you'd like help, I recommend you start a new thread rather than tagging onto this old one.



Also, tell us what type of camcorder your video came from and how you got it into your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment