Monday, March 29, 2010

opacity values

I've just begun tinkering with the opacity setting in PE4 and was wondering.. how many of you use the feature to overlay clips, and is there a typical opacity setting that you use - or does it depend on the brightness/contrast/whatever of the individual clips?



I'd love to hear of projects where you used this.
opacity values
Overlay? You mean like a double-exposure?



Never.



I mainly use opacity for fading in and out or dissolving between clips.
opacity values
I guess you could call it double exposure...an example might be of a large flag waving ''in the background'' while a military parade marches ''in the foreground'' or vice versa. My question would then be...what opacity values work so the two clips compliment each other - so both are pleasingly visible. My guess is the values vary depending on the clips.

Oh, I see what you're trying to do! That makes sense.



I'd put one clip on Video 2 with 50% opacity and the other clip on Video 1, below it, at 100% opacity.



You may want to tweak it a bit, but that should get you 95% of the way there. (No need to change the opacity for the clip on Video 1. Do any adjustments to the Video 2 clip only.)

No comments:

Post a Comment