Thursday, April 1, 2010

Reducing picture ''noise'' using PE2

I have shot some footage of the Aurora using the LOW LIGHT function of my SONY PC5e. Not surprisingly the ''black'' areas of sky have a lot of picture ''noise'' artefacts; a sort of blue green speckled pattern.



I have tried adjusting the brightness and contrast in the clip properties and can make some improvement, but wonder if there is an effect that is a sort of ''black level clamp''



Has anyone any suggestions?



Thanks, Ian G
Reducing picture ''noise'' using PE2
That's, unfortunately, the nature of shooting in low light, Ian. I'm not sure there is a fix.
Reducing picture ''noise'' using PE2
Ian,



About the best ''noise reduction'' treatment, that I have found is Neat Video. I use both it, for video, and Neat Image for still work.



It can take some work getting it right, but does a very good job. It also takes some extra time to Render.



I believe that they offer a trial, before you buy.



http://www.neatvideo.com/



Hunt

Neatvideo is a great tool for noisy video !

Many of the members at muvipix.com use it and love it :)

Thanks very much folks, Have downloaded the demo version of Neatvideo and even just using the default settings it seems to attack the problem. You were dead right that rendering takes some time, my poor laptop is looking very tired! Will probably buy the full version and learn to use it. Video editing can take over your life.

Best Regards

Ian G

No comments:

Post a Comment