Thursday, April 1, 2010

Audio problems with windows XP pro SP3

I just installed SP3. I don't get any audio from my computer. I don't think this is a PE problem, but maybe someone in the forum has had the same problem.



I don't get any audio from anything, not just PE.



Version PE4

Computer IBM (lenovo) thinkpad T-60

OS Windows XP pro



Cliff
Audio problems with windows XP pro SP3
Are you saying you used to have sound but suddenly don't?



If that's the case, the indication is that you need to update your RealTek audio drivers. Sometimes updating Windows leaves your other drivers and firmware outdated.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057647/2



In any event, see if Robsodav's solution works for you.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7cca3/2
Audio problems with windows XP pro SP3
Yes, I had sound yesterday. After I installed sp3 last night, I don't have sound. Should I still update the realtek drivers?



Cliff

Absolutely!



You may also want to go to your sound card manufacturer's site and get the latest for it too.



(You may be able to pick up some of these by manually going to Windows Update and using the Custom installation setting -- although even these drivers aren't always as up to date as those on the manufacturer's sites.)

No comments:

Post a Comment