Thursday, April 1, 2010

Quadcore utilization when encoding to...

Hi there,



I have lots of dv material that I need to transcode to mpeg2 (dvd). Will PE 7 make good use of all 4 cores of a Core I7 based system on Windows Vista? Or is it similar to magix and pinnacle products where only the AVCHD codecs make use of quadcores?



Thnx a lot for some info!
Quadcore utilization when encoding to...
I have two dual core Xeon processors and it uses all four of those cores. I would imagine it would be the same with a Quad Core processor.
Quadcore utilization when encoding to...
Are u sure it uses those cores when encoding to mpeg2, or is it some other codec?

When Creating menus, encoding, transcoding and burning to DVD the computer is using all 4 of the cores equally, 30 - 40% if I remember correctly. Tested this with version 7 back in August so it has been awhile.

Thnx a lot Chuck Engels!

Hi Modron, while exporting to MPEG2 from DV-AVI source material my quad core uses all four cores at 100%.

Thnx for letting me now! This sounds great!

what utility do you guys use to monitor your quad cores?

I use Windows Task Manager, that's all.

Same here...

No comments:

Post a Comment