Thursday, April 1, 2010

Outputing HD for HD LCD TV

I am shooting in 720p 30fps and editing in PE7. The original files are AVI H.264. I don't know what the capture bit rate is. I display the movies on an HD LCD TV using a Western Digital media streamer via HDMI (avoiding the DVD limitations).



I am struggling with export file formats. What is a good setting for maintaining image quality from capture to viewing screen?



The DV AVI ''share'' doesn't appear to have an HD option like Windows Media. Does it just match the working file? I would prefer to stay AVI if possible, but I can switch if needed.



Thanks!
Outputing HD for HD LCD TV
The best format, for maintaining HD quality, is a BluRay disc.
Outputing HD for HD LCD TV
If you go to Share%26gt;Personal Computer and then MPEG you will find 720p presets in the export formats.



Note you can also set your project preset as HDV 720p when you start a new project. This will match your source footage.

Also, are you sure you're camcorder is shooting H.w264-AVI? That's a non-standard video format and could give you some real problems with Premiere Elements.



Is it possible you're shooting in AVCHD (MP4)?

Thanks Paul and Steve.

I did set the project preset to HDV 720p. I'll try the MPEG option.

Is there a MPEG4 upgrade?



The file is an AVI w.264 format. I've been able to work with it in PE7, but I did need to install the proper codec.

No comments:

Post a Comment