Sunday, April 4, 2010

Premiere elements 7 crashing at splash...

ok , i reinstalled it a few times and its still crashing , basically it loads up , and starts to load all the .dll files , when it reaches rapture32le.dll it suddenly crashes .



i can post a screen shot if needed , any help appreciated .



FYI my system has everything needed to run Premiere very well .
Premiere elements 7 crashing at splash...
Have you installed the latest version of Quicktime?



If so and you're still having problems, I recommend you contact Adobe Tech Support. There's something wrong at your end we may not be able to troubleshoot here on the forum.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbe7d56
Premiere elements 7 crashing at splash...
Steve,



One note from the Adobe CS4 forum (mainly from the Mac-side of things):



It seems that QT 7.5.5 worked well, after the debacle of the 7.4.x versions. However, a lot of folk are having issues with QT 7.6 (the latest version, IIRC). I've only read of a few PC-users having issues with this new one, but some have. Talk is that Apple is going to release a newer one (probably 7.6.x) to try and fix some of the things that 7.6 ''broke.'' Do not know if these issues with the newer QT are limited to things Adobe, because I do not read the AVID, FCP, Pinnacle and Vegas boards. If they also have issues, I would not know of them.



I have not read of any issues with QT 7.6 and PE, so maybe it is relegated to CS4 issues only.



Personally, I try to keep several older versions of QT on my machines, especially after the QT 7.4.x problems. If the ''latest'' doesn't do the trick, maybe a roll-back to 7.5.5 will work better for them. The same for my nVidia drivers. Roll-backs seem to be the ''thing'' right now.



Just a comment,



Hunt

Crashing on the Splash Screen can also mean out of date audio and/or video drivers. Check for updates.

I think we also need to be clear in our description.



''Crashing'' on the splash screen is not the same as getting a logo screen that vanishes without loading the program and they have very different reasons for happening.



Failure to launch is very different than launching but shutting down with an error code.

as a reply , its crashing after it launches , so it starts initiating all the sequences before crashing

So it's not just stopping. It's crashing. Locking up your system. Posting an error code. That sort of thing.



Again, that's very different than simply not finishing launching.

I run the application and get the splash screen and then as it is loading I get the error message: The instruction at 0x0a1410e3 referenced memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read. In the past I would reload the software and it would run. Recently I updated my quicktime, so I will try to roll back it and see if it runs. Then I will try to just reload the application and see if it works. I had to do this about 5 times in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment