Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pixalation on my videos

When importing some video clips for editing into Adobe Premiere Elements 4, sections of the video become pixalated as well as the video jumping forward.

When I download videos from my video camera onto my PC the same video clip works correctly on windows media player.

I have recently upgraded the following onto my PC (Packard Bell 2470) in the hope this would solve the problem, Graphics Card (Geforce 8600GT, Memory (2.5GB) %26amp; Power supply (500 watts). However I am still getting the problem, is there any other sugguestions you could give me please.
Pixalation on my videos
Neil - what are the souces of your video clips. The media may have some issues the PRE does not handle very well. OPRE works best with DV-AVI.

As an example, I have had similar problems that you see with MPEG3 video clips. I fix the problem by doing a Quick Stream clip. I use VideoRedo to fix my MPEG3 clips and then PRE has no issue with them.



So please let usknow what the source is for your video clips, and they type of video clips they are. Then maybe someone will be able to help.
Pixalation on my videos
Hi Johnny

The video files are MPEG taken on a Sony Handycam Video camera.

What do you mean by ''Quick Stream '' %26amp; ''VideoRedo''?

Are you using Premiere Elements to download the video from your camcorder, per the instruction sheet included with the program? If you do that and use the Hard Drive/Flash Drive Camcorder project setting you'll get very good results.



On the other hand, if you capture into one program over USB (say, the program that came with your camcorder) and then edit in another (say, Premiere Elements, especially if it's not set up for Hard Drive/Flash Drive Camcorders), you will see reduced quality.



And, if these are hi-def video, you're dealing with yet another issue.

%26gt;Sony Handycam Video camera

%26gt;The video files are MPEG



I do suggest that you post your camera model and identify if it is HDD or DVD. My son has a Sony DCR-SR100 HDD camcorder.



Now, my guess would be that you have a Sony HDD camera taking MPEG2 and that you are using the camera supplied software to transfer from the camera to your PC and that you then have .mpg files.



If my scenario is correct, I second Steve's suggestion to start a new project, choosing the Hard Drive/Flash Drive Camcorder project setting and then bring your .mpg file in to that project.

I am using a Sony DCR-DVD106E

Neil,



%26gt;a Sony DCR-DVD106E



Therefore, you will not have an exact match to the process for the HDD Sony. So I probably can't help you - sorry.



Referencing Steve's comment back in message 3



%26gt;Are you using Premiere Elements to download the video from your camcorder, per the instruction sheet included with the program? If you do that and use the Hard Drive/Flash Drive Camcorder project setting you'll get very good results.



Did you use the process that Steve described?

I have the Sony DCR-DVD305 and use the supplied Sony software (Picture Package v1.8.1) to download MPG's to my PC.



Unless I'm mistaken, the DCR-DVD106E is standard definition and not HDD. The handycam should also have come supplied with Sony software to download via USB to a PC (MPEG2 format). The software can be downloaded from the Sony website.



I do not use ANY downloaded MPG's as import into PE because quite frankly, I've had no luck with PE handling these files (in a stable manner). Then again, my projects tend to be large with many transitions and effects.



If your downloading to your PC, to the MPG format with this handycam, go one step further and convert to DV-AVI prior to import to PE.



I use Windows Movie Maker for the MPEG2 to DV-AVI conversion and PE works great with this format...

Hi kodebuster

Your suggestion ''I use Windows Movie Maker for the MPEG2 to DV-AVI conversion and PE works great with this format...'' seems to work, used this method on 3 clips that gave problems when importing into PE in MPEG2 format, now these same files in AVI format work OK, will continue using your method in the meantime.

Thanks for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment