Tuesday, December 6, 2011

PLEASE!!! Need help with exporting to...

I am trying to export to tape from Premiere Elements 3, an 11-minute movie I've created, to my Panasonic MiniDV camera and I am having no luck. I am running through a ADS Pyro AV Link box. Could that be why I am not getting any camera control. I've gone to Edit/Preferences/Device Control/ options and selected Panansonic, but it does not have the option for my camera's model number, the PV-GS300. It does say it's detected the device.



I'd like to try to bypass the Pyro box but the cable running from the computer's video card to the Pyro box has connectors that are bigger than the firewire connector that runs into the camera. Is there any adapter you can get that downsizes the bigger connector to the firewire size?



This is driving me nuts. PLEASE help!!!
PLEASE!!! Need help with exporting to...
You won't have any camera control if you're going through the Pyro, Hank.



But, if you're exporting to a miniDV camcorder, you don't need the Pyro. Just FireWire directly from the computer to the camcorder.



The FireWire cable that will go from your computer (assuming it's not a laptop) to your camcorder is called 4-pin-to-6-pin IEEE-1394 cable.
PLEASE!!! Need help with exporting to...
Steve, I DO go through Pyro to capture and I have control of the camera. Are you saying that that's a one-way deal? I can capture through the Pyro but can't export.



I'll buy that cable and see if it works.



Thanks for all your help!

With a miniDV camcorder, you don't need the Pyro at all. Just connect directly to your computer.

Steve, I purchased a new cable in order to bypass the Pyro box and still no luck recording to MiniDV. The export window pops up and it says it's rendering, but it won't engage my camera to record.



Could it be a compatibility problem with my Panasonic PV-GS300? I tried the online help button which sent me to an Adobe site, but the PDF of compatible cameras wouldn't open.



Any ideas?

Are you getting a connection with that camcorder in Windows? Do you hear the Windows ''bing bong'' and see the camcorder link icon on your task bar?



If you've got a good connection, it may just be that Premiere Elements is still configured for your AV Link (which I assume you've now disconnected). Usually turning off the program and restarting it will clear the program so that it sees your newly-connected device.



If not, go into your Device Control (which I think is under the More button in the capture workspace in version 3)and click the Options button to configure the program to recognize your camcorder (or a generic for your brand at least). Its status should also show Online, of course.

Steve, FINALLY, another Panasonic user finally discovered the solution. The camera MUST be in the playback mode---NOT the record mode that I had it in. (it just didn't seem logical to me that's why I overlooked it)



Sorry to trouble you, but I think we all learned something on this one, well at least I did.



Keep up the good work and thank you very much for your efforts and thank you for volunteering on this board.



Hank

No comments:

Post a Comment