Tuesday, December 6, 2011

device error - sense code (3 0c 00) -...

I have been getting this error frequently lately. I thought it was the new batch of Taiyen DVDs but not sure. The failure came at the last portion of the burning. It is frustrating because it takes so long to burn and then only to see this error towards the end. I am still using Premiere 2. I tried hooking up an extenal dvd burner to my computer but Premiere does not seem to recognise it. Where do I change the burn drive in Premiere ? and how can I fix this burn error ?

any help is appreciated.
device error - sense code (3 0c 00) -...
It depends. Can you burn to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a disc?
device error - sense code (3 0c 00) -...
I figured out which drive to send the burning to. I had to reboot Premiere for it to recognize that I added the external drive.

I have been advoiding using the internal drive because I have wasted so many dvds. I will try burning to a folder which I have not done before... Thanks for responding, Steve.

cheong yoke keen,



SenseCode errors are most often a signal that there is something amiss with either the hardware (burner), or with the media being used.



What media are you attempting to burn to?



Using Steve's suggestion, you might want to explore using the freeware program ImgBurn to actually burn from your folder to DVD. See if this yields the same, or similar error.



A tip: I use DVD RW's to test burns (not as a delivery medium), as this will keep the number of ''coasters'' down. One five pack of these will give you years of testing.



Also, use a top line of media only. Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim and Falcon (US only) are probably the best. Avoid Memorex (like the plague) and most ''store brands.'' TDK used to have a good rep., but it seems that they have taken to rebranding a bunch of other mfgr's disks with their logo, like Memorex. Reports from both suppliers indicate that out of 100 in a bundle there may be actual products from 5 different companies!



Good luck,



Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment