Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Data Rate too high - how to change?

I put together a slide show in Elements and was transferred to Premiere Elements when I clicked to burn it to a DVD. Once there it starts the burn, then I get
''The Data rate is too high for DVD. You must replace the file with one of a lower rate. - PGC in: name =, ref = Apgc, time = 00:03:42.33''

After serious attempts with Adobe support and various manuals, I think the data rate for the file is 200+ mbs ???? Whatever as I can't find any info on exactly how to change the file rate.

I've copied the .wmv file to a jump drive which plays on another computer, but not on my Sony TV (which has a USB drive and is supposedly .wmv compatible).

This is a delightful little 8:33 minute slide show with music for my granddaughter's fourth birthday on Tuesday. Holding up the pictures and singing along is not going to be the same. ;)

Suggestions are appreciated. Explicit please as I know just enough to be dangerous.
sueData Rate too high - how to change?
%26gt;I put together a slide show in Elements and was transferred to Premiere Elements when I clicked to burn it to a DVD

What versions of Photoshop and Premiere Elements are you running?

%26gt;I've copied the .wmv file to a jump drive which plays on another computer, but not on my Sony TV (which has a USB drive and is supposedly .wmv compatible).

What parameters did you use for the Output command in the Photoshop Elements when creating this WMV file? I would guess that using DVD, NTSC (if you are in USA) as the size parameter would be the best bet - because it is most similar to DVD.Data Rate too high - how to change?
The maximum data-rate for a compliant DVD is 9.8MB/s. The video will take 8Mb/s (highest quality) and the audio takes up the rest. The actual audio data-rate is dependant on the audio format, in some cases the combination of video and audio bit-rate can exceed 9.8MB/s
in which case you need to reduce the video bit-rate. However with PE you can not select the audio format for DVD burning and so should not get the issue. You could try to reduce the video bit-rate to 7Mb/s and see if this helps.

Alternatively export your slideshow from Premiere Elements as DV-AVI (File%26gt;Export%26gt;Movie) bring this back into PE put it on the timeline and burn your DVD.
At 3AM I ended up rebooting, bringing up the file in Phototshop Elements (4)and saving it as a wmv9 file (which is the file type the TV's USB will read). I may have saved it in a weird way previously. duh. Got a bowl of M%26amp;Ms, opened Photoshop Premiere (2) and brought the new file in again as a new project. Think there was a little tweaking and slight cursing, but this worked and by 5AM I had 4 DVDs that worked and a slight weight gain.

I did use NTSC throughout. And Yes, I know it's time to update my Photoshop programs. Will have to get the jumbo M%26amp;M bag and bar the gradchildren from the premises for that little task. ;)

Of course she showed up on our widescreen TV as very wide, so reset the screen and will have to reset it tonight for TV viewing and then reset it tomorrow for the party. I love technology ... until I have to use it. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. I knew if I asked the outside world I'd figure it out. Like taking a sick child to the doctor - fever's gone, colors back, what's the matter with this child?

sue
  • Ideas for a Summer quilt layout
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment