Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Noo audio in Windows media Player when...

Hi there, I really need help



I have edited a video and removed the audio.

I have added a song in the soundtrack part of the timeline.

When I 'share' as an 'mpeg' it renders etc perfectly.

When I play it on my comp it plays perfectly - In premiere and WMP



But If I put the file onto a usb or something similar and try to play it on another computer there is no audio.



I have premiere elements 7

I have windows vista Premium.



The computer I am trying to play it on has XP home edition 2002 and Windows media player 10.



The video is for a friend to put on their website, and chances are the audio wont appear on their computer either? I dont have internet on my comp so I havent tried uploading to youtube, so I don't know about that either, I would like youtube to recognise my audio also.



SO What I want is to be able to make a video, with audio that pretty much anyone can watch on any computer.



Please help.



Joshua
Noo audio in Windows media Player when...
It appears that, when you output your MPEG, you chose an audio codec that your friend's computer doesn't support. (It's Dolby Digital by default. So entering the Advanced settings and changing the audio codec to MPEG or PCM might help.)



It's also possible your friend's operating system is way out of date, sine he's still running Media Player 10. He should go to Windows Update, select the Custom option and get all of the necessary updates.



He may have to do this several times, with computer restarts in between, if he's way behind with his updates, since some updates depend on other updates being installed. In the end, his XP should be at SP3.
Noo audio in Windows media Player when...
Thank you very much for your informed response steve, I really appreciate it.



I understand all of that, but it seems a bit of a hassle that should I make a video for someone elses computer that they must do a barrage of things to be able to watch and listen to it...



is there no way of avoiding this.

Make a DVD instead! That will trigger the DVD player software, which does include the ability to play Dolby audio.



Or, as I said, you could encourage your friends to keep their computers up to date. XP SP3 includes Media Player 11, which should also be able to play those DVD files.

Ok what if they then want to embed the video on their site...

can they do that from the DVD?



Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get up to speed.

I do appreciate your responses.

They can't do that with an MPEG either.



I guess I need to know what you want your end product to be before I make any more recommendations, Josh.



If you want something that can play on any computer or be posted to a web site, why not make a WMV file?

Hey Josh,

Not sure if this has anything to do with your problem but I have PE4 and the first time I output an MPEG (from VOB source) it played fine in Nero's player but in Windows Media Player no audio, I found that PE4 default export settings was choosing (if I remember correctly) Dolby audio, and by changing output settings to stereo it played fine in all players, Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment