Tuesday, December 6, 2011

NTSC

I have Premier elements 3.0 running on Vista.

I have been editing sucessfully.

I have a couple of film that were taken on an older us spec . camera and are therefor NTSC format. They play o,k on my new Sony camera but I cannot capture onto Premier.I have tried the setup at the open sceen set to NTSC but when I try to capture some footage the camera operates but all I get is a scrambled still picture on the capture screen. Am I being stupid or will Elements not accept the NTSC film. Mick
NTSC
Try having the NTSC tape playing before opening the capture window. Also the preview may not be seen in PE7 monitor.
NTSC
It could also be that, since you are in the UK, you installed a PAL version of the program.



When you say you set up NTSC in the ''open'' screen, do you mean that you started a new NTSC DV project?



Also, can you confirm that you're capturing over a FireWire cable from a miniDV camcorder?

Thank you for your input. Yes I am using a firewire from my mini dv recorder

Yes I started it as a new NTSC project

Mick

What happens if you capture using the free utility WinDV?

http://windv.mourek.cz/

Did you try with the tape playing before opening the capture window?

Hi Paul

Yes it seems to work if I get the right sequence and start the tape first. It seems a little tempremental as I have had a coouple of

Frames dropped during capture meesages. Should I do anything else

Again thank you

Mick

Frames dropped may not be a problem... do you notice any audio sync issues or and judders in the playback? If not the dropped frames are not an issue... assuming it is reporting them correctly.

Yes I have had a few judders and once I got no playback picture but could hear the sound track. I am still experimenting so have not started the project yet

Again thank you

Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment