Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Can't find the right project

I can't found the right project for the files from my new Panasonic camera. It's recording in a format called PH1080/25p but every time I drag a file to the timeline I could render the timeline. When I used my old DV-cam I just could play the timetime instantly, until I did some ''editing''.



Some someone can help :)
Can't find the right project
Is this an HDV, tape-based camcorder?



If so, you won't have to render your timeline for simple editing as long as you're capturing over FireWire into a Premiere Elements project that's set up using the HDV preset.
Can't find the right project
No - its a SD-card based.

This model: http://www.panasonic-broadcast.com/en/products/high-definition/avccam/AG-HMC151 E.php

That could be a problem, John.



I don't think the Elements version of Premiere is sophisticated enough to handle that particular project setting.

It says... ''AVCHD-compatible software is required''... so one of the AVCHD project presets should work... note to be sure to select the AVCHD project preset accoring to the audio format of the camcorder.

Hey Paul. That makes sense. But I think I'm missing something.

The file says 48000 compressed stereo but the project says 32 bit floating point stereo...



?

That is fine, 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo. Your audio is Stereo not 5.1 surround sound audio, which is the other audio format option.

Hi John,



You have an AVCHD camera for sure. Just check that what resolution it has. Also check whether it has stereo output or 5.1 channel output. Then select the appropriate setting in the PAL -%26gt; AVCHD preset.



I think it will help. Please update the finding after you are done.

Hey Guys. Thanks for helping me. But I havent got it to work yet :(

I have uploaded a short clip. I hope some of you, can download it, and help me found out, whats wrong...



http://www.webnet.dk/media/00034.MTS

What is the problem? Downloaded it, opened a Full AVCHD PAL project and imported it, dropped it on the timeline and away I go.



It is full (1920x1080) frame and the audio is stereo.



As PE7 does not edit the format natively it has a red line above it... if your processor is not powerful enough you will need to render the clip for it to play back smoothly. Either that or export it as high definition MPEG2 (which PE7 handles natively) and then bring that back into PE7 for editing.

Hey Paul. Thanks. That's the problem - the red line. Normally I just dropped and edit, but with a new camera comes new challenges ;)



Is it possible to export as high def MPEG2 from PE7? Or should I use another application?



Sorry for all these questions. I really appreciate your help.

You can use PE7. Export using one of the HDV MPEG2 formats. When you bring this back into PE7 there will be no red line.



If your final export will be to DVD or standard definition format you could export to DV-AVI and bring this back into PE7 for editing.

All right now I get it :) Thx...

On Adobes specs I have noticed that if you should edit AVCHD in ''real time'' the processor should at least be 3 GHz.

Check out our ''real world'' recommended specs for AVCHD at the end of this FAQ. I wouldn't recommend coming near AVCHD with anything less than a quad core processor.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b699a8/9

No comments:

Post a Comment