Tuesday, December 6, 2011

**HELP** DVD Templates NOT WORKING PE7!

Please help. I just installed the additional content and I am trying to use the DVD templates. The templates show up in PE7, but when I drag a template to the drop spot in the Disc Menus area, nothing happens. I have tried clicking the Apply button, too, and still nothing. PE is installed on my C: drive, but I installed the templates on an external USB drive (M:). Could this be the problem? I don't really have space on my primary drive for the 4GB of templates. Thanks in advance for any help.



David
**HELP** DVD Templates NOT WORKING PE7!
I don't know what you mean by dragging the template to the drop spot, but that's not how you create a DVD menu, David.



You go to Disc Menus, select a template and click Apply.



If this is what you're describing, can you be more specific than ''nothing happens''?



And, yes, installing the templates to an external drive definitely could be at the root of your problems. These menus must be in the DVD templates folder in the Premiere Elements program files, on your C drive. Otherwise, I'm surprised you can even see them!
**HELP** DVD Templates NOT WORKING PE7!
Also, if you are running low on free hard drive space you may not be able to export/burn your project anyway. Ideally you want at least 40 or 50GB free when you start a project.

By dragging and dropping, I mean that in the Disc Menus on the left part of the screen it says, ''drag a template here...blah blah''. Either way, dragging a template or clicking apply I get an hourglass for about a half second, then nothing happens. It seems odd that the installer would let me install the templates to my external drive, even though I installed PE to my C: drive. Well, what I may try to do is uninstall it from the C: drive and actually just install PE to my external drive since I've got plenty of space there.



I'll let you know what happens. Thanks.

You won't be able to use Premiere Elements on your external drive, David. It will only work if it's installed on your C drive.



Are you lacking space on your C drive? This could be another potential problem. I recommend a minimum of 30 gigs free and defragmented on your C drive. (You definitely need at least 20 for the program to run well) -- and more if you're editing over half an hour of video.

Well, I reinstalled on my external drive (I saw the message above too late), and, lo and behold, it actually seems to work fine!



Looks like I'm off and running. Thanks.

It is because of the memory. Please shutdown and restart the machine or give some free spaces in your hardisk. I think it should work.

Out of curiosity, why do you need so much free space on the C: drive if PE is set to use a separate drive for all configurable file I/O (media cache, preview files, etc)? What does PE do on the C: drive other than perhaps bump up the page file?



Paul

I don't think you really do need the free space on your C: drive. I installed PE on my external drive, even though someone said it wouldn't work. It does work just fine. I only have 5GB free on my 60GB laptop drive (my laptop is not performing well, as you can imagine, but that's another issue). I also only have about 25GB free on my external drive. Everything is working fine, however, including the DVD templates, which are also installed on the external drive. I just completed the rendering of a 45 minute DVD at the highest quality setting. It tool a while, but rendered perfectly.

5 gig free? David, you do like to live dangerously! Even Microsoft recommends a minimum of 15% free space on your drive for basic functions -- and Premiere Elements is anything but basic!

I know. What can I say? I have a new laptop coming this week, so that will help. It's hard when your internal drive is only 60GB. I think my new one will be 160. It should take me a little longer to fill that one up!

Go for the same process after shutdown and restart. I still feels it is becuae of memory. Please check the memory size when you could not apply the template.

No comments:

Post a Comment