Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pictures imported are blurry when...

Hello everyone, I am new to this this business and am trying to create a picture slide show but am running into the problem of the picture which I have imported and added to the slide show being fuzzy when I view it on my laptop. Here are the specifics and what I have already tried. Thank you all in advance.



1. Have Adobe premiere elements 3

2. Pictures originally scanned in at 200 dpi, have also placed same picture at 400 and 800 dpi scan into slide show for comparison

3. Picture in question is a 3x5 and I have not touched any settings and have left them at defaults

4. Picture is in good condition and is in jpeg format



neubs
Pictures imported are blurry when...
First how are you judging the quality? Do not trust the preview, export a short clip and view in a media player.



How large are your photos (dpi does not make sense in video) in terms of pixels? Because of video's limited reolution you do not need to have the photo resolution larger than 1000x750. This is a sufficient resolution to allow some pan and zooming around the photo without losing quality. PE does not do a good job of resizing photos, if your photos are high resolution resize them to (around) 1000x750 before bringing them into PE3.
Pictures imported are blurry when...
Also, don't judge the photos by how they actually look in Premiere Elements until you render them (by pressing Enter).



As for the output, remember that you're dealing with a video resolution medium, so your slideshows in Premiere Elements will only output the equivalent of 640x480 pixels (which is what standard TVs use anyway).

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc14b78



If you're going to show you slideshow on a computer, you may want to use a program which maintains more of the resolution of the photos, such as Pro Show Gold.

Thank you Paul, Steve.

Ok. I just checked my size in terms of pixels, at.....



200 dpi= 680 x 1010

300 dpi= 1020 x 1546



With that said, I am assuming that the higher the dpi count, the bigger the size (pixel wise). Could it be a issue of the picture being used ''being too big'' and PE is automatically converting it to what the preset optimum dimensions are? As a result, making the pictures blurry?



-In terms of resizing, how should I go about doing that? I have Photoshop Elements 5, would that be a good program to adjust the size to about 1000 x 750 pixels?



-When you say render and ''hitting enter,'' when and where do I do that: when I am doing with the slideshow and I export, or how/when do I render and what is the procedure?



-The slideshow will be shown on a projector. What is the best method with the quality of the show in mind to show it....Direct link from laptop, AVI, DVD?



Again, a big thank you to everyone in advance.

An Additional question, how can I make it so that when pictures are imputed into the slideshow are not stretched? Is there a setting which I can adjust? i.e. pictures in portrait format used in slideshow seem stretched (becomes squaresish) and landscape pictures also seem stretched when I view them?

I don't know why your pictures are being stretched. I guess that depends on how you have them set up.



You can render your project at any time in the editing process. I do it as soon as I see a significant amount of red lines above my clips. Just press Enter to do it. (We'll be posting a Steve's Tips article on rendering to the Muvipix.com products page in the next few weeks, by the way.)



You can resize a batch of photos by going to Photoshop Elements' File menu and selecting Process Multiple Files.

Regarding stretched pictures, right click on the photo in the timelime and turn off Scale to frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment